LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, July 6, 2017

CPF and Polyclinic

CPF Board, Woodlands

I don't suppose I will ever feel secure about money. So, for some peace of mind, I decided to pop into CPF to top up my CPF Special Account.

Seeing how my in-laws have aged, it becomes clear that there will come a day when working for a living would be arduous, if not impossible. So, having monthly pocket money given to me every month from a pool of my own money kept safe by CPF looks ok. Besides, I want to qualify for CPF Life Plan, which pays out a monthly sum to me every month for as long as I live (when I reach 65 years). To qualify I need to have $60,000 in my CPF retirement account 6 months before I turn 65 years.

If ever I become destitute, I would at least have money to buy food.... and maybe a book or 2?

It was such a pleasant experience. A tallish gentleman at the Woodlands branch Called Mr Terence Lee took me out of the very long queue when he understood that I wanted to top up my account. He gave me a form and took my IC to check the amount I was allowed to put in. He came back with a very exact amount and explained a few obscure details that he thought I might not be aware of...

- the money I put in will be stuck there till I am 55...
- moneys flow over from my Medisave to my Special Account on the 25th of each month. My top up sum could be rejected if I fail to account for these extra moneys going in by 25th of this month.

I liked him very much. He spoke to me in a Parenty-Teachery voice. When he disappeared to check my account details, other officers took over. They all approached me to ask if I needed help. They too spoke in a Parenty-Teachery voice.

I like it when Customer Service Officers talk to me in a Parenty-Teachery voice.


Woodlands Polyclinic

Then, it was time to go get my mammogram and fasting blood test done at the Woodlands Polyclinic. The Customer Service Officer on the phone had the presence of mind to line up both appointments very close to each other. I went in at 10.25 am for the blood test (appointment at 10.15am)... left for a small breakfast and completed my mammogram shortly after by 11.15 (appointment at 11 am).

There were literally hordes of people. So, I was amazed that the nurses were all so calm and friendly.  They too spoke to me in a Parenty-Teachery voice.

I think the Parenty-Tecahery voice is a very powerful voice skill in customer service. It sets the customer at ease because he/she feels looked after and it also communicates a sense of higher authority so that people won't disrespect the Nurses or Customer Service Officers.




No comments: