LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

70 Crèmes Brûlées

Little Boy and I made crèmes brûlées for him to sell in school. I cannot believe that at my age, I still launch myself into things without thinking through. If I had thought it through, I would have said "No". When I started, all the questions came fast and furious.

- Are there even such a thing as disposable ramekins?
- How to fit 70 crèmes brûlées in the fridge?
- How to transport 70 crèmes brûlées without breaking the delicate custards?
- How to torch the crèmes brûlées in an environment full of teenage boys without incident?

In the end, necessity is the Mother of Invention. We had to make it happen so we found a way to do everything. It just goes to show that sometimes, to get anything done, one should not over think. You get in there and figure it out.



No comments: