LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, April 7, 2014

Electrified Mosquito Racquette

This thingy is so cool that I cannot wait to share it with my readers! It really has improved my quality of life immeasurably. When you live close to a clump of forest, mosquitoes are a daily part of living. You can minimise their impact but you can never completely get rid of them. Mosquito hunting with bare hands can take half an hour or more.

Since I bought this lovely little mosquito racquette, it suffices to wave it in the mosquito's general direction and voilĂ ! There is a satisfying "zzzzzzzt" and a spark or 2. Mosquitoes fall on the floor, completely KO, but not dead. It suffices then to administer a lethal slap to each mosquito.

I zapped 2 mosquitoes this morning, saving myself from many bites. In the past, I would have resorted to switching on the odourless wall plug-ins. They may be odourless but I have an inkling that they're not good for my health. I end up breathing in the same pesticide that knocks out those mosquitoes. Now, I don't have to breathe all that junk in. I just wave the racquet around like Gandalf the Grey. Given the mosquitoes' habit of flying in a zig-zag pattern, the random waving is very effective in making contact. I don't even have to try very hard.

Please don't use this thing in a kitchen that uses gas. The sparks are real and will ignite any flammable gas in the vicinity.

Mosquito Racquette

Squished mosquito - caught it in less than 3 minutes.

2 comments:

Doc Hudson said...

Where did you buy it from? How much does it cost? We have lots of mosquitoes in our place especially after days of heavy rains. Need this racquette rather than using our bare hands.

Petunia Lee said...

Mustafa Centre in Singapore