LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, September 2, 2013

Mid-Autumn Festival Lanterns




I love the mid-autumn festival. It's that one time in the year where we all get together and play with fire. Last year, I bought 12 lanterns and when they were all hung out in the garden, they were so very pretty that I bought 36 lanterns this year. The whole family got together to light them and hang them out. I wish I had a bigger family, then I would bedeck my garden with 100 lanterns and more.

It's a bewitching sight, all these brightly coloured lanterns flickering in the dark. I wish I had night classes in Dr Pet's Enrichment. Think of all the fun the kids would have lighting candles in the dark after class.

It's a pity though, that the candles burn out so quickly. Next year, I'll source for longer (and thicker) candles.



2 comments:

CE said...

It's a beautiful sight! Perhaps you could put some glow stick after the candles go out?

Petunia Lee said...

CE - Thanks for the suggestion!