LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Parma Papaya Salad


There is no such thing as sick leave when you're a Mommy. I caught a bacterial infection that I thought was a flu. A flu goes away on its own. One just has to suffer through it. This one didn't. It got better as my body fought it off but after one particularly exhausting day running from talk to class to dinner, the bacteria took over... and I had to retreat to bed with a dose of antibiotics. That was 4 days ago.

Meanwhile, the work piled up.

So today, it was payback time. I coached 2 parents in the morning... had a chat with a friend... rushed off to do the groceries and then cooked a batch of spaghetti sauce... a batch of pork belly in black soya sauce... went to fetch my son... sorted out the bank... went to the post office. There is still an email backlog I need to look at tonight.

There was only 5 minutes to put lunch together for myself and Little Boy.

I made myself a Parma Papaya Salad with calamansi squeeze. Little Boy had a mug of Milo and a pulled pork sandwich that was assembled on my way out to fetch him home. Salads are great. They can be put together in very little time and they're nutritious to boot.

No comments: