LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012



MOM
Such was the power of the beauty inside her that winter turned to spring in her path and flowers grew in her footsteps.


The Daughter gave me a memory foam pillow for Mother's Day because I had been complaining about a sore neck and shoulders. And she wrote such beautiful words on the pillowcase that I began to feel like the Queen of the Faerie Folk. Then when she told me how she came by such an expensive pillow, I was bemused.

The Daughter is careful with money, and she is trying to save up enough to pay her own way through university. Bless her determination to stand on her own 2 feet! The memory foam pillow was all of $149 but if she spent $100, she could buy it for $19. The Daughter couldn't afford such an expensive pillow. She must have looked a little forlorn because the sales lady told her that many people spend hundreds of dollars but don't want to buy the pillow because they have no use for it. Then, the sales lady helped her to ask one of these customers if The Daughter could ride on her receipt of $300+ to buy 2 pillows. One for Mother's Day and another for Father's Day.

A very nice lady obliged. It was a win-win all around. It inconvenienced the lady not at all. The sales lady was able to reduce her stocks of the memory foam pillow. The Daughter bought 2 pillows to honour her parents and help preserve their aging spines. I guessed it helped that The Daughter is humble, sweet and gentle in her ways with people... so sales ladies and hawker centre aunties just reach out and help her. Even cats bring The Daughter gifts. See here.

6 comments:

Blur Ting said...

You have raised the perfect child. Bless you!

Malar said...

Wonderful gift for mother's day!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

oh.. Such a touching message on the pillow.. I would be soooooo touched if I were you :)

Petunia Lee said...

Ting - I dunno about perfect... but well... I do feel like I wouldn't exchange her for any other. But I reckon all parents feeel this way.

Petunia Lee said...

Malar - It sure was a thoughtful gift indeed!!

Petunia Lee said...

OKC - Yeah... I was so touched that I didn't notice the pillow!!