LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, October 17, 2011

Chef Icon's Trovana Chocolate Cake

This is Chef Icon's Trovana Chocolate Cake. I had my very first bite of it at the zoo where a friend had had it prepared for her husband's surprise party. Looking at the non-descript appearance, I thought immediately of the calories and so I asked to share my piece with The Husband. Well... The Husband was busy talking to some people and before I knew it, I had stuffed my face with all of it, and was looking around for more.

2 weeks ago, we had The Husband's friends over for dinner. I made The Husband drive all the way down to the one and only outlet that Chef Icon has at Neil Road for the Trovana Chocolate Cake I had ordered. I deliberately fed my guests a lot of other food. The first course was ratatouille, followed by a mushroom quiche, and then a beef stew, lots of garlic bread and some foie gras. The predictable result of all this was that no one had much space left for the Trovana Chocolate Cake.

Which was wonderful because more was left for Petunia... except that The Daughter's discerning chocolate palate (she who only ingests Grand Crus Chocolates) had also told her that she was on to a good thing. So, we ended up sharing... rather unwillingly. Like we had to, not that we wanted to.

Since the end of that cake, I have been yearning for another bite. Finally, last night, I couldn't take it anymore. I called and ordered one 500g cake for this morning. When I arrived, I looked in dismay at how small the 500g cake looked and so I carted 2 cakes home. I will try freezing one to see if it freezes well. If it does, I will next order 4... and freeze 3 because Neil Road is too far away to drop by too often.

Friends who stay in India fly in, order the cake and bring it home by hand to their families. That is how good this cake is.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I better be happy I'm living over here in Florida...too much temptation is not a good thing for me!

Petunia Lee said...

Theanne - You're right there. I've got 14 slices of temptation downstairs in the fridge, and I have gone and put the bathroom scales deep inside the closet.

Malar said...

The cake do really looks yummy! I hope you can control your calorie intake! ahhahahaha...!

Petunia Lee said...

Malar - It doesn't look half as good as it tastes, I assure you... If you ever come to Singapore. Drop by and then let me know if it isn't worth my Indian friends flying in to pick it up.

Wen-ai said...

interesting... my fav Chocolate cake to date is Lana Choco cake. Now, Im curious to give this a try!

Ivana said...

Oh man! At least your friends live overseas... they have no choice but to resist... for me... Neil Road is but a 20min drive away.... No....no... no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Petunia Lee said...

Ivana - If you could see me now.... *Shudder at the Blubber*

Petunia Lee said...

Wen-Ai: You just gave birth. Better lose the blubber first before you go near Neil Road. Kekekekeke!

Ardhian Satrya said...

Hi Petunia, I agree. Their chocolate cake is indeed very yummy :)

Btw, I think now they have a delivery service. You may check with them so you don't have to drive all the way to their shop.

Open Kitchen Concept said...

I FINALLY tried this cake, Petunia! See this post... http://openkitchenconcept.blogspot.sg/2012/09/chocolate-trovana-from-chef-icon.html