LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Milo's Snack pocket



Here is Milo's snack pocket. It keeps Milo occupied for hours.

Little boys of any species need to be kept occupied so that they stay out of mischief. I used to tear paper into bits and get Little Boy to pick them up to throw away. It kept Little Boy occupied for about 30 minutes until one day, he figured out that a broom and a dust pan could do the job in 5 minutes.

But I had other tricks up my sleeve to keep Little Boy occupied. Dot a large piece of mahjong paper and get him to connect the dots into recognisable shapes... or give him a bowl of mixed green and red beans to sort out into 2 piles. It gave me some time to get on with my life you see.

So, when I found this lovely snack pocket at the pet store, I grinned an evil grin. One opens the flap at the bottom end to introduce a favourite snack. The flap closes up but the pungent odour of the snack steals its way through to entice the nostrils of your pet.

After that, one can go inside the house to paint one's nails in peace and quiet, whilst the pet slobbers all over the snack pocket trying to figure out why that inedible piece of tasteless plastic smells divine. Milo figured that out in 10 minutes but he is so clumsy and not possessing of opposable thumbs, he takes rather long to get the snack out from the pocket. It saves me money on dog treats and spares me his constant whines and squeals for my attention.

Milo did figure out a faster way to get at the snack. Bring it to the mother-in-law and drop it in her lap. Then, put his chin entreatingly on her thigh whilst looking up with melting eyes. The sort of eyes that Puss-in-Boots gives Shrek's enemies.


Sigh! For a dog, he sure isn't dumb.

8 comments:

Blur Ting said...

Aw, he is cute, and so smart!!

Petunia Lee said...

Teeheehee! I thought so too! My mongrel show dog!!

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......smart scheming mother + pet owner all in one! more of your evil stories, please! ngiak ngiak ngiak.......

Petunia Lee said...

Mwahahahaha! I am Mrs Machiavelli!!

Rummi, the gardener. said...

Milo has grown into a slender youngman now !

Last i saw he was still spotting the barrel-tummy... ...

Petunia Lee said...

Yeah... he's good looking dog huh?

Rummi, the gardener. said...

One with great charm.

So entice me to get one too so tat i can walk him to show off my taste in male-species.

...think think...

Petunia Lee said...

What'll Kimi say!!